The Museum will open for the 2007 summer season in July.
An extensive collection of T.M.R. memorabilia on display includes photographs, patches, neckerchiefs, neckerchief slides, signs, banners, maps, literature and physical artifacts.
The Camp Man Catholic Chapel Window is wonderful to see and a Museum highlight. A variety of early Scout uniforms on mannequins. Life-sized cut-outs of notable T.M.R. individuals.
Displays on the history of the Upper Delaware River Valley with a focus on the Ten Mile River Scout Camps property. Physical artifacts found at T.M.R. dating back to the 1720's, including coins, tools, nails, horseshoes and metal buttons. The T.M.R. Rockshelter Exhibit contains artifacts from a Lenni Lenape encampment over 4,000 years old.
Our Library covers the history of the Kanohwahkee Scout Camps, the Ten Mile River Scout Camps, New York City Scouting and the history of the Upper Delaware River Valley. We have an extensive collection of camp and staff photographs, biographies, newspaper articles, other paper items and camp and local maps dating back to the 1820's.
If near either 206 or 23, travel north to Port Jervis. At Port Jervis, pick up 97 going northwest. Travel on 97 to 21 (just past Barryville). Take 21 to Yulan and pick up 22 which runs into 23. Travel on 23 to County Road 26 (see a large Ten Mile River Scout Reservation sign on the right). Right turn onto County Road 26 and follow signs to TMR Museum/Headquarters Camp.
Take Route 97 south to Route 23. Left turn into Route 26 at T.M.R. Camp sign. Follow signs to TMR Museum/ Headquarters Camp.
Dan Beard council photo courtesy of American Historical Images.
©2007-16 The Upper Delaware Scenic Byway • PO Box 127 • Narrowsburg, NY 12764 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Website by: W Design