The Cochecton Erie Railroad Station is a one-story Greek revival station built around 1850, at the time railroad pioneers were building the first major trunk lines. The building was located on the property of Cochecton Mills, Cochecton, N.Y., until 1993, when a group of interested residents, hearing that the station was about to be demolished, formed the Cochecton Preservation Society for the major purpose of saving the station.
With money from many fundraisers and donations, the group has been able to dismantle the station, move it to another location along the old Erie tracks, and begin to rebuild it. It will be used as a historic site and museum once reconstruction is completed.
Cochecton Preservation Society, Inc.
Cochecton Preservation Society
s/b P.O. Box 242,
Cochecton, NY 12726
©2007-16 The Upper Delaware Scenic Byway • PO Box 127 • Narrowsburg, NY 12764 • email@example.com
Website by: W Design